What information do we collect?
- Foxbuying believes that it is important for you to know what types of information we collect when you use our site. We employ various methods for collecting information. To begin with, we use “cookies” that are needed to compile and aggregate non-personally identifiable information about the visitors to our website. Non-personally identifiable information most often consists of things such as your search preferences, the types of products you have bought, how many times you have visited a particular web site, etc. This type of information is usually associated with a particular computer or IP address, but not with a particular person. “Cookies” are pieces of information generated by a Web server and stored in the user’s computer, ready for future access. Each time you access our web site our server finds the relevant cookie on your computer. The information contained within that cookie is then used to customize your experience with our site.
- Where relevant, we also collect personally identifiable information, which consists of information that is unique to you, such as credit card numbers, bank accounts, social security numbers, home address, email address and so on. This is the type of information that most people consider private and deem the most important to protect from unauthorized access.
Why do we collect this information?
- We use this information in order to serve the needs of our customers. We need to know who you are in order to verify your credit card or other payment information you have sent us. We collect several pieces of personal information from you in order to complete this verification process. The non-personal information that we collect from you is used in order to offer you better service and to make your experience with our site more enjoyable. Any information that we may inadvertently collect from you that does not serve one of these reasons stated above is immediately purged from our system.
How do we protect your information?
- We use the latest in encryption technology, including 128-bit SSL encryption, to ensure that any sensitive information that you send to us via the Internet is protected from unauthorized interception. We employ the latest in firewall protection to prevent unauthorized access into our information storage areas. We maintain a rigorous hiring process to screen out potential employees with criminal backgrounds. All employees that we do hire have to sign a confidentiality agreement that forbids them from disclosing any information to which the employee has access, to other individuals or entities. We also have backup servers and power supplies to guard against power outages and other natural occurrences that could pose a threat to the integrity of your personal information. Passwords are required in order for you to gain access to your account. Once an account has been terminated, measures are taken to remove those users from the system who no longer need access to our system. When an employee is terminated or is no longer with the company, we change the access codes that the employee used to access any customer accounts.
Who has access to my information?
- Only those employees whom are responsible for handling your account have access to your information. Additionally, employees in our technical department may have access to your information in order to conduct routine checks on the integrity of our system and in order to perform necessary maintenance work. In order to process your credit card we have to consult with an outside credit card processing company. These processing companies are regulated by the banking industry and must meet certain security requirements in order to be in business. The processing companies will have access to your credit card information, billing address, name, and possibly your telephone number. The processing company will communicate with the issuing bank of your credit card in order to get final approval to charge your credit card for the product or services we are providing for you. Should you choose to receive additional information regarding one of our services or products, we may pass your email address to one of our partners who offers similar products or services that you might be interested in. Additionally, judicial requests by a duly authorized court will require us to divulge certain information regarding your account should that situation arise. Finally, should our company ever be bought or sold, your account information would then become the property of the new owner/entity.
Can I correct or remove information from your site?
- You always have the option to view your account to make sure the information we have collected from you is correct. You also have the option of removing any information from your account that you wish to keep private. However, please be noted that removing certain information such as your email address, contact information, and the like may greatly hinder our ability to effectively provide the service or products you have requested. We recommend that you contact us first to discuss which information you may remove without interrupting the quality of service we intend to offer you.
Can I opt out of having certain information collected?
- You have the option of disabling your computer’s ability to accept or transmit cookies. This will prevent us from gathering certain non-personally identifiable information from you. You also have the option of removing yourself from any email distribution list that you may have signed up for.
- We send email content to our customers as follows:
- Transaction emails, shipping notifications, weekly deals, and special promotions.